Aging Mastery Program
The 10-session Aging Mastery Program® (AMP), developed by the National Council on Aging, encourages mastery of skills, including physical activity, communication, advanced planning and healthy eating that will lead to improved health, stronger financial security and overall well-being.
AMP is a nationwide program with a presence in more than 100 locations from Massachusetts to Florida and California to Alaska, reaching thousands of older adults. Benjamin Rose Institute on Aging serves as a hub site, delivering the program in the Greater Cleveland area at locations such as recreation and community centers, as well as our own Rose Centers for Aging Well.
By participating in this program, you can:
- Make and maintain small but impactful changes in your health behaviors, financial well-being and enrichment in later life, using methods including:
- Adopting healthy physical activity habits
- Engaging in advanced financial planning
- Improving communication with peers
- Bettering communication with health care providers
- Receive incentives and rewards such as vouchers to local organizations or classes for taking small steps that can improve your well-being.
- Meet new friends, provide support and encouragement to your peers and become more involved in your community.
Our Aging Mastery Program was featured in the February 16, 2016 issue of the Cleveland Plain Dealer.
Thanks to the generous support of Anthem Foundation, we will be partnering with other organizations to implement the Aging Mastery Program® at locations throughout Ohio through 2020.
For additional information about the Aging Mastery Program®, please contact Abbey Carney at (216) 373-1735.