Adult Day Program
Margaret Wagner House
2373 Euclid Heights Boulevard
Cleveland, OH 44106
(Current as of March 16, 2020 at 5:00 PM)
With the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) now established in Ohio, in order to safeguard our clients’ health, safety and well-being, the Adult Day Program has temporarily closed until further notice.
All individuals who received congregate meals at the Adult Day Program will have the choice to have their meal delivered to their home. These arrangements must be made directly with the Adult Day Program.
If you have questions or concerns during the closure, please call 216.373.1995 or email email@example.com.
For updates on Benjamin Rose Institute on Aging’s response to the COVID-19, please visit www.benrose.org/COVID-19
The Benjamin Rose Institute on Aging Adult Day Program provides participants living with cognitive impairment and developmental disabilities with a safe and supportive space to participate in social and therapeutic programs and enjoy nutritious meals. Our staff has expertise in social work, nursing and caring for individuals with cognitive and functional impairments, allowing us to respond to the unique needs of each participant. Participants’ families can also feel at ease knowing their loved one’s health is being monitored while they enjoy engaging and individualized programming.
The goals of our Adult Day Program include:
- Providing participants with a safe, comforting environment
- Improving and sustaining cognitive and physical health in a supportive and respectful space
- Improving and sustaining social skills through therapeutic, social and recreational activities
- Fostering a sense of accomplishment and self-worth
The Adult Day Program is designed for older adults aged 60 and over.
What we offer:
- Therapeutic activities for older adults with cognitive or memory-related impairments and developmental disabilities, such as:
- MUSIC & MEMORY®
- Physical and creative activities which stimulate the senses
- Health monitoring
- Social activities, including clubs, discussion groups, dances, reminiscence sessions, holiday celebrations and intergenerational projects
- Recreational activities, including arts and crafts, exercise, field trips, bingo and group lessons
- A hot lunch and two snacks a day
- Transportation to the program location for those within a six-mile radius of Margaret Wagner House
- Respite for caregivers
- Referrals to other Benjamin Rose home and community-based services
By participating in our Adult Day program, participants’ health will be monitored and assessed to assure that they are maintaining a healthy level of activity. National studies have shown that regular health assessments can help to reduce hospitalization and reduce the risk of falls. Studies have also shown that adult day programs can keep older adults engaged and stimulated, while keeping them in regular social contact with peers, preventing isolation. These benefits can often contribute to an overall happier and healthier lifestyle for participants.
Our trained intake specialist will discuss payment options with you, including approved insurance providers, such as Medicare and Medicaid plans. To receive more information, refer families of an older adult who you are working with to our Adult Day Program or schedule a tour call (216) 791-8000 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are proud members of the National Adult Day Services Association.
We are proud to partner with AARP Foundation’s Senior Community Service Employment Program, which provides our program with volunteers who assist with activities and administrative tasks. We are also proud to partner with Cuyahoga Community College to provide internship opportunities for occupational therapy assistant students.