Rental Counseling & AssistanceEnroll
City of Cleveland
Are you worried about paying your rent?
ESOP, a subsidiary of Benjamin Rose Institute on Aging, may be able to help you qualify for up to 12 months of rental assistance if you're a resident of Cuyahoga County.
We can also help reduce and prevent evictions by:
- Helping clients identify an affordable rental unit
- Providing information to renters on tenant rights and fair housing issues
- Counseling on household budgeting and safe and affordable rental practices
- Connecting clients with community resources
Learn how we can help renters by calling ESOP at (216) 361-0718 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you worried about paying your rent because of COVID-19? ESOP can help.
Residents of the City of Cleveland and Cuyahoga County that have been impacted by COVID-19, who are low to moderate income, have experienced unemployment and/or a reduction in household income are encouraged to apply.
If you qualify for rental assistance, you may be required to attend more in-depth financial counseling, provided at no cost to you from ESOP, as a condition for payment of the rental assistance.
Priority is given based on criteria such as eviction status, accurate information and complete documentation.
What will you need to provide?
- Photo ID for all adults in the home
- Social security cards for all household members
- Proof of income (tax returns, paystubs or fixed income benefit award letter)
- Rental/lease agreement
- Proof of citizenship
- Copies of utility bills
To learn how ESOP can help, call us at 216.361.0718 or email email@example.com.
We offer this service in proud partnership with CHN Housing Partners.
External Request Form
Rental Assistance Form
Complete the form below to request an appointment with an experienced ESOP HUD-Certified Housing Counseling professional who is available to help you achieve and maintain housing stability.