About Us Description
Who We Are:
Benjamin Rose Institute on Aging is an over 110-year old Cleveland-based nonprofit organization whose mission is to support caregivers and empower all people to age well through research, consumer-responsive services and client advocacy.
What We Do:
- Provide in-person and telephone-based health and wellness services in older adults’ homes and in communities across the Greater Cleveland Area
- Conduct research studies related to everyday issues faced by older people and their families. We use this knowledge to develop innovative solutions.
- Foster informed engagement with public policy issues impacting the field of aging
- Reach more than 10,000 older adults and caregivers annually in their homes, at community locations and by phone and email
- Develop knowledge used to improve health and community services related to key issues in aging, such as family caregiving and elder abuse
- Developed and demonstrated the effectiveness of drug-free programs for managing chronic diseases
- Created scientifically proven innovative solutions:
- All-female, 25-member Board of Directors
- $18 million annual budget
- Over 130 employees, including: research scientists, social workers, counselors, financial wellness coaches, care consultants and experts in developing and delivering programs for older people and families
- Operate nine locations throughout Cuyahoga County
- The following programs and subsidiaries operate together to fulfill our mission: