Margaret Wagner Apartments
2375 Euclid Heights Boulevard (Entrance is located off of Kenilworth Lane)
Cleveland Heights, OH 44106-2797
Benjamin Rose Institute on Aging is committed to supporting economic opportunity and affordable housing for the older adults we serve. Through our subsidiary ESOP, we provide homebuyer education, pre-purchase counseling, senior property tax loan and foreclosure prevention to help older adults maintain housing stability. Benjamin Rose also runs the Margaret Wagner Apartments in the Greater Cleveland area to provide secure and affordable housing to older adults in our community.
Margaret Wagner Apartments:
Since 2003, Margaret Wagner Apartments have served to provide older adults in the Greater Cleveland area secure, affordable and supportive housing. Our 60 apartment units provide our residents with a comfortable living environment, as well as community areas to socialize, stay active, enjoy the outdoors, surf the internet and cheer on their favorite sports teams.
If you’re an older adult looking for housing that meets your financial needs, the Margaret Wagner Apartments can be a great option for you to explore. To be eligible to live in the apartments, you must:
- Be age 62 and older
- Have your rent subsidized by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
- Earn under the HUD Income limit of $25,800 for 1 person and $29,500 for 2 people
- Be able to pay HUD Subsidized rent, 30% of gross income
Features of Margaret Wagner Apartments:
Margaret Wagner Apartments are designed to help you to live as securely and independently as possible. Apartments are available in three different layouts— one-bedroom kitchenette, one-bedroom full kitchen unit and studio apartment—depending on your spacing needs. An intercom system provides secure entry into the building, and there is an on-staff service coordinator available to assist residents. All units are cable ready, and all utilities outside of cable and telephone service are included in the rent at no additional cost. Pets are allowed at an additional fee.
Community amenities include:
- Beautiful gardens for residents to enjoy
- An outdoor patio with table seating and lounge chairs
- A community kitchen
- A community room with a large screen TV
- A computer room with three internet-accessible computers that can be used 24/7
- A quiet space for residents to borrow books and puzzles, including reading chairs and table space to put puzzles together
- Secure storage space on the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th floors provided free of cost to residents who apply on a first-come, first-served basis
- Free above-ground lot parking for residents, as well as available lot and street parking for family, guests and aides
- Community coin-operated laundry rooms on the 2nd-4th floors
Margaret Wagner Apartments is a smoke-free facility.
The Margaret Wagner Apartments are located near University Circle, which is home to some of Cleveland's finest arts and cultural institutions, and close to Cleveland Clinic and University Hospital, two of America's leading medical centers.
The apartments are also close to the Cedar-Fairmount Business District, which includes banks, a grocery store, a number of professional services and a wide variety of restaurants and shops— all within walking distance.
There is also a RTA Bus Line in front of the apartment building to make travel around the city even easier. If you have a disability or are age 65 or older, you can also qualify for a discount on your RTA bus pass.
Applications:(216) 373-1981 or MWAapplications@benrose.org
Office: (216) 373-2015
Fax: (216) 373-2016
TTY: (800) 750-0750
4 Tips to Help a Loved One Manage Stairs
If a loved one has mobility issues, a flight of stairs can sometimes seem like an insurmountable obstacle. At the same time, being able to move freely and safely throughout the home is imperative for a loved one's independence. In addition, the social and emotional benefits of leaving the home from time to time should not be neglected just because a few stairs are in the way.Read More