BRI Care Consultation™
CALL TODAY FOR MORE INFORMATION (216) 373-1797
Are you a caring for an older adult loved one and feel you do not have the reliable information you need to make informed decisions? Do you feel like you and your loved one would benefit from additional community services, but are unsure of how to find out about what is available? Are you managing both professional and personal responsibilities and sometimes feel that you aren’t productive at work because your mind is occupied with what you think you should be doing for your loved one that lives nearby or far away? Do you worry about leaving your loved one at home while you seek help? If so, BRI Care Consultation™ may be right for you.
BRI Care Consultation™ is a telephone- and email-based care-coaching program designed to assist and support older adults living with chronic health conditions and their family and friend caregivers.
Over the past five years, Benjamin Rose Institute on Aging has trained more than 150 Care Consultants and Supervisors across the country to deliver the program to more than 9,000 families.
Trained Care Consultants collaborate with you and your loved one to:
- Identify family priorities
- Coordinate health care, community services and family or friend support
- Create action plans to meet your targeted needs
- Reduce stress and strain
BRI Care Consultation’s emphasis on simple, practical solutions and ongoing guidance can empower you and your family to manage care and decision-making throughout your caregiving experience.
What does BRI Care Consultation™ provide?
- Personalized coaching to address issues most important to you, including but not limited to:
- Long-term care planning
- Financial concerns
- Supportive in-home and community-based services
- Connections to community-based services and resources
- Assistance with organizing and managing caregiving involvement from family, friends and professionals
- Trustworthy chronic disease-specific information, and information to answer caregiving concerns
- Tips to help you communicate with your loved one and their helpers, and to reduce stress
To qualify for BRI Care Consultation™, you or your loved one must:
- Be age 55 or older
- Have at least one chronic health condition
- Have the ability to participate in decision-making independently or with the support of a caregiver
- Have a reliable phone, and access to phone service
During your first call, our trained Care Consultants will discuss payment options with you.
We are proud to partner with IMPACT Solutions, an Employee Assistance Program provider, to offer BRI Care Consultation™ to all of their members. IMPACT will pay for anyone who is covered by their benefits to receive 3 months of the program FREE of charge. Please call 1-(800) 227-6007 for more information, and to receive a referral and immediate support.
Premier Care Management of Georgia
We are proud to partner with Premier Care Management of Georgia to offer BRI Care Consultation™ as a bundled service to the families they support. For further information, please call (404) 430-5307.
"It didn't take long for me to feel overwhelmed when my 80-year-old mother moved in with me. With all the worrying she would have another fall, I felt like I was running my own nursing home. My Care Consultant talked with me about my stress and ways to get a break. Without this information, I wouldn’t have known about the resources available. I still laugh about the first day I got some time away! I felt like a new person."
“Finding this facility that we think is perfect for her, I don’t think we would have gotten to that without the assistance of the Care Consultant at Benjamin Rose. I just don’t know how we would have ever honed in on this solution to our caregiving and to the needs of my mother without having contacted Benjamin Rose. It certainly wouldn’t have happened this quickly.” – Read the full testimonial in “Not sure where to turn for caregiving support?” on Cleveland.com.
For more information, call (216) 373-1797 or e-mail ReferralBRICC@benrose.org.
“BRI Care Consultation” is a service mark of the Benjamin Rose Institute on Aging.