Aging Mastery Program
The 10-session Aging Mastery Program® (AMP), developed by the National Council on Aging, encourages the older adults you serve to master skills including physical activity, communication, advanced planning and healthy eating that will lead to improved health, stronger financial security and overall well-being.
AMP is a nationwide program with a presence in more than 100 sites from Massachusetts to Florida and California to Alaska, reaching thousands of older adults. Benjamin Rose Institute on Aging serves as a hub site, delivering the program in the Greater Cleveland area at locations such as recreation and community centers, as well as our own Rose Centers for Aging Well.
The philosophy of AMP is that modest lifestyle changes can produce big results for the older adults you serve by supporting them to cultivate health, longevity and self-sufficiency. The program incorporates researched materials, expert speakers, group discussion, peer support and small rewards to give participants the skills and tools they need to achieve measurable improvements in managing their health, remaining economically secure and contributing actively in society.
By participating in this program, older adults will:
- Make and maintain small but impactful changes in their health behaviors, financial well-being and enrichment in later life, using methods including:
- Adopting healthy physical activity habits
- Engaging in advanced financial planning
- Improving communication with peers
- Bettering communication with health care providers
- Receive incentives and rewards such as vouchers to local organizations or classes for taking small steps that can improve their well-being.
- Meet new friends, provide support and encouragement to their peers and become more involved in their communities.
Our Aging Mastery Program was featured in the February 16, 2016 issue of the Cleveland Plain Dealer.
Thanks to the generous support of Anthem Foundation, we will be partnering with other organizations to implement the Aging Mastery Program® at locations throughout Ohio through 2020.
CHECK OUT OUR UPCOMING AMP SESSIONS!
|Soprema Senior Center||
617 School Drive
|Jenkins Place Senior Center|| 26100 Bagley Road
Olmstead Falls, OH 44138
We are also looking for partners to host the Aging Mastery Program. To become a host site, your organization will need to be able to fulfill the following requirements:
- Recruit at least 20 people to participate
- Schedule program dates and times for 5 consecutive weeks
- Provide physical space to seat 20 people comfortably
- Provide staff contact for scheduling purposes
If your organization becomes a host site, Benjamin Rose will provide you with:
- AMP Core Curriculum Kits for each participant
- A facilitator to lead the 5 week class
- Graduation ceremony planning to celebrate the participants who complete 7 of 10 sessions
- Gift cards for participants who accrue necessary points
- A program marketing flyer template with site-specific information
- Coordination of expert speakers to present at every session
To receive additional information about the Aging Mastery Program, refer a client or become a host site, please contact Abigail Carney at (216) 373-1735.